Thursday, December 14, 2006

Prunes Anyone???


How in the world could I not post this picture???

I have a question that has nothing to do with my messy baby, or the fact that mom gives her prunes periodically to... well... Um, if you don't know what prunes do, check on Wikipedia or something...

Why is it that everyone, when you ask for more time for friendship, a good cause, or whatever all of a sudden is shockingly broke, busy, and exhausted? Is it a priority thing? Is it true? Is it partly true?

Thoughts???

I know the second one is my favorite excuse, and I usually use my wife and baby as excuses... When the tired one hits I usually fall back on, "Am I really tired or are my prioroities mixed up?" (because I am thinking that I am tried because i didn't do something (like read, watch a movie, some work, hang out with my baby, wash my car) for a series of reasons...) Oh yes, I will use double Parentheses if I need to!

You?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pic.
I know when I use one of these excuses it almost always is because my priorities are mixed up, or possibly just not in sync with those of the asker. (Like when someone asks for money for a worthy cause, but I've already given what I can to a different worthy cause.) Most of the time though it is my priorities that are the problem, because the truth is that if I want to do something badly enough, whether it's spending time with a friend or finding something to donate, I'll do it. It's easy to tell the other person, and also myself, that I'm too busy/poor/whatever, but as cliche as it is, where there's a will there's a way, and I'm not one to let obstacles get in the way of something I truly desire.

Bailey Mohr said...

Caroline makes me happy.

I am sorry that I tell you that I'm tired sometimes. I really am tired, like all the time, b/c I never stop, but that is stupid. I can sleep when I'm dead! (Or when I get sick from not sleeping)

I don't want to be "that guy". I have time, money,((compared to most)) and no kids, so just let me know. You, Rachel, the youth they are a priority for me. So I have time.
I think of my greatest fears is being neglected, so I don't want to be the person doing the neglecting.