Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Blogging in 2009 (job too)

The blog was private because I was looking for a job, and one suggestion that I thought was a good one was to hide any random thought blogs. This blog is nothing if it is not a random thought blog!

So, if you attend Riverside Church (and were there on Sunday) you know that I have a job when I graduate (August unless I burn out in the Spring), at Riverside. Many of you have sent encouraging texts, facebooks, etc. Thank you! And, know that I have a finite number of text messages - therefore, am saying thanks this way.

So, I will be the pastor of arts and culture... I think. We have till September to figure it out it seems! And, more importantly :), my blog is now not-private.

I should write more about how glad I am 2008 is over (it was a long year in many ways). I should write more about how awesome my mom is - we just spent a week together in California, New Mexico, Arizona, and Colorado. I should write more about my kids and how cool they are. I should devote at least one blog to my wife - after all - how else could my kids be so cool? I should write about the people we lost this year, but I think I already did that (and, thankfully... no one has died since then... I hope that doesn't sound calloused or insensitive... some of my friends have lost since then. But, five seems like a lot).

Anyway, the purpose of this is to explain 1 - Why the Blog went private for two months. 2 - To explain the Job I got.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am super excited about your new and job and the Riverside team - I feel that if churches had to fight each other in ninja wars or super heroes - then we would have a stellar team.

BUT I am worried - now that you are all pastor like - could you maybe make another blog that allows for cuss words or late night drunk blogging??? - What if you get all serious because some random person may read it.

And don't pretend that you have not thought about it!

Razzle Dazzle,

Hannah W.

Anonymous said...

Razzle Dazzle indeed...

I'm actually not sure what I haven't thought about...

But, I won't pretend... since i don't know...

I do think that Dan Doriani is a ninja.

-Matthew Peter Blazer

Okay... reading it a second time, you don't want me to pretend like I haven't (double negative) thought about starting a second blog with cussing and drunk late-night blogging? I don't think I have... But, I won't pretend... because I would be being serious... or something... Razzle Dazzle...

Anonymous said...

Yay for your new job opportunity! I'm happy for you. Yes, your wife and kids are very cool -- and I'm sure your mom is as well. I'm glad you had a good time in Cali. Stop talking with double negatives (i.e. your reply to Hannah's comment) -- they are hard to understand :)

robbie said...

Congratulations, Matt. We would totally take you guys in a ninja war.

I'm proud of you.

Anonymous said...

My ultra ninja pastor team;

Obviously ours
1. Zack Eswine - "the silent but deadly one - he kills you with his wicked awesome mind tricks and playing it real..."
2. Ryan Anderson - "the uber-white tall one with an awesome round house kick to the face"
3. Matt Blazer - a.k.a - "Blazer" he blazes trails with his insight and tricks you into second guessing your motives thus rendering you helpless

4. But for the best in Ninja Master I recruit Jeram Barrs - "The wise elder man" - what can I say he speaks and you are so amazed by his humility and wisdom that your head explodes...

Sorry Dan (Doriani) you got nothing on this! And plus you gave me a B in your class (or was that Zach - my hub - who was your grader. Damn you got me, Dan - you got me!

Razzle Dazzle,

Hannah

Anonymous said...

oh I forgot to put Simon - "the asian one" he is good at math and killing you with his wit and charm...watch out ladies,

Hannah

rachel blazer said...

hahahahaha!! ninjas...

annie said...

Ummm, you forgot "the stealthy ninja" But, that's probably part of Mary's plan - to lull people into thinking she's the dishwasher, but really she keeps the whole ninja team from going rogue.

Kirsten McKeown said...

Matt, I am really excited that you will stay at Riverside, and I want to hear more on Monday when I get to see your cool family.
P.S. It was very cute to see how excited Caroline was about you coming home later that day.