Friday, September 11, 2009

Quick Update and a GREAT picture



I am feeling great. Sometime in November I will get a CAT scan, but I had one before Chemo and it didn't find anything. So... Please know/remember that I am cured. The best and latest study on the kind of cancer I HAD would give me a 1/200 chance of a recurrence, and then they would kill that.

I started work full time at the church last week, so that has been a transition for the family. Caroline is in Pre-School 3 days a week, half days. Julia is awesome, and this is her favorite pass-time when Caroline is at school: interacting with things Caroline would never let her interact with!

We are still trying to sell our current house and finish working on our new house. We got such a good price it will only not make sense if it takes us a year to sell our current house. NEVERTHELESS, we would love for it to sell soon! When the new place is ready we will probably price-to-sell.

I don't know when Rachel and I will feel like we can close the book/chapter/season of sickness. My hair is growing, but it is very thin. People still ask all the time how we are doing with plenty of cancer-emotion in their voice. We made all of the rounds to see family. Now we want to stop traveling forever... :)

I think the blog is about to become 'just a blog again'. I don't foresee Rachel writing on it soon, but maybe she plans to and I just don't know about it. She does have a compelling message about, 'if recovery equals being back to normal we will never "recover"...' Which I thought was accurate in more ways than one. She didn't mean we aren't healed, just that we will always live with this season/story.

Thoughts???

Discuss...

2 comments:

Greta said...

I understand that you won't ever recover completely from the months spent treating your cancer. I think we can get caught up in the final result as in "that was hard but now everything is great and back to normal" instead of understanding exactly how broken we and the world we live in are. There is no final perfect product in this lifetime, but it is beautiful and full of hope, and, unless I am reading the wrong bible our stories are supposed to be messy right?

Kirsten McKeown said...

I have no deep thoughts on recovery currently, but I agree that is a GREAT picture. Can't wait to see your little lady tomorrow! = )