Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Stuff

So, my car was broken into... No more laptop and no more U2 IPOD. Honestly, I am more annoyed with how sympathetic people have been than I am about the stuff missing... Okay, not more annoyed, but I am pleasantly surprised that my heart was not torn out to have lost the entire Digital U2 Catalog (Catalogue?).

I did go out and buy an IBook G4 (The cheap, small one). "Welcome to the Kingdom" was what one of the Interns at church said when he saw it.

So, I kind of felt like I really am a Christian with this whole, 'my stuff was stolen and it sucks, but it didn't end my life/week, etc.'... Where does the rubber meet the road in your life? (This probably isn't where it meets in my life seeing as how I will have a baby daughter in a few days!!!!!!!) So, where does the rubber meet the road in the everyday 'stuff' of life. Do you love your stuff? Do you not? Personally, I probably am more anti-money than anti-idolatry lest you think I don't love my stuff because of my Holiness! But, where does it feel real to you? Where does it make cognitive sense? Where has the Lord chosen to encourage you that he IS changing you/your heart?

3 comments:

Nom de plume said...

I would comment but I think we both know where the rubber meets the road in my life =)

Nom de plume said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jessica said...

Blazer,

I'm very sorry. I can say I know how you feel from personal experience and it is hard. I struggle everyday thinking what is important to me that I don't want to lose. But is that the way I want to live my life? Not really. I guess stuff is important to me as much as I want to say it isn't. I think for me the most important things are the dumb little things that can't be replaced, like the handkerchief my best friend gave me as a gift from her wedding, or my arbone hand lotion.