Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Cheez-Its


Scott Sauls, our former pastor at Riverside, taught me as much as anyone about the Gospel.

He was a big fan of a couple of illustrations, but one (that to my knowledge he only used once) is totally stuck in my head.

He talked about his ability to sit down in front of the TV and eat an entire box of Cheez its. He said he ate the entire box because he doesn't believe the Gospel - not everywhere, not all the time. And, sometimes he wants to feel different and so he will sit down and eat an entire box of Cheez-Its while watching TV.

Luckily for me it is goldfish...

Fortunately or unfortunately there are a lot of things that I do - now that I have this illustration - that are because there are places where I simply do not believe that I am a mess and that I am loved.

No comments: