Tuesday, November 25, 2008

In Honor of Dr. Joel


Doc left me in for a few extra minutes in the second half. I was playing okay (Although I did airball a 3 pointer... because I started wondering if someone was gonna come block it). He mentioned that I would want to blog about a reverse layup I hit on a miss by a teammate...

I think it would be more fun to blog about my second technical foul ever (Doc has seen both). Third technically, but one was for attempting to enter a game when I had already fouled out (also only happened about once...). I was being fouled... THis is not unusual, but I thought it was getting bad... I would say he slapped my arms about four times... HE then had the ball. I yelled, "COME ON..." And the ref (Who has been refereeing games since I have been in STL) shook his head as in, "It wasn't a foul..." I was thinking, damn straight it wasn't... it was four. What I actually said was, "JUST SAY YOU DIDN'T SEE IT!!!" Not abusive words, but I was yelling very very loudly...

We were down ten at halftime. I told the ref what I did was childish and asked his forgiveness. He also called more fouls after that...

We won by 2.

It felt good...

I care about basketball a lot less than I used to, but I apparently still care enough to yell at a ref...

And now, I will make my blog private.

And post a picture of Tom Chambers... Can anyone else hear Dan Patrick saying, "Hurt the Rim Tommy..."

3 comments:

rachel blazer said...

because that particular post needed to be public... and NOW you can go underground. : ) love you!

Nom de plume said...

I'm still waiting on the whole explanation-on-why-we-switched-to-private thing.

Nom de plume said...

feel free to update this thing at some point...