Thursday, June 04, 2009

Thursday

I'm drinking Cranberry Juice, looking our over the Central West End in St. Louis.  

I have had 3 rooms in Barnes Jewish Hospital, and the view was good in each one.

So, I keep trying to motivate myself to do school work.  Not happening.  Every once in awhile I try to come up with a witty or encouraging blog post.  Not happening.  

Many of you say I am brave.  I don't think so.  I think I'm just doing what needs to be done.  

The good news is that the next two weeks are significantly easier.  Even though I have another long day tomorrow.  Chemo sucks, I continue to appreciate your prayers and thoughts.  

4 comments:

Kerry said...

Wit is for the peanut gallery. Sometimes just abiding is all you need to do.
Isn't there some inspirational something somewhere about stillness?

I know its a rough road. Thinking about you every day.
Even long roads end somewhere.

Though I about smacked the OB who told me pregnancy "isn't Forever" because when YOU'RE the one who is miserable- it sure as hell feels like it.

So my "on second thought" is also that you should go ahead and wallow if you want.

XO- Kerry

Zog mom said...

Being brace is exactly that: doing what needs to be done. Cowards sit in the corner or hide under the covers and DON'T do what needs to be done.

annie said...

"Many of you say I am brave. I don't think so. I think I'm just doing what needs to be done"

That is why I don't wear pink ribbons.

I'm sorry that you sort of get it.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you Matt. I've walked this road with others and know it is a rough one so I agree... it does suck. I know it sounds trite at this point, but if there is anything you or Rachel need- please don't hesitate to ask. -Deana