Saturday, May 09, 2009

Time


It is interesting what time does.

I think we all simply feel better today.

We went on a walk yesterday, something clicked internally and I could start taking deep breaths at about 8 PM last night, and this morning I woke up with my pain almost totally gone and the tightness of abdomen surgery down at least 50%. This is what we were told would happen, but it was still nice. Mom left me a nice beverage that I tried - it was delicious, thanks mom.

We won't know how much Chemo until we get the test results back (tests are in late May), but we know it is out there and the reality is just easier to take after a few days I guess.

A good friend wrote and said he hoped I was not losing hope in my faith or in my healing. I am not. We are not. I firmly believe the Bible doesn't offer me a straight-forward explanation/purpose/meaning to sickness. After that I am filled with hope for what this will accomplish in our lives as we move through it. And, I am still fully convinced that by the end of the summer I will be cancer free.

Mom and I were getting a little edgey with one another and she kept offering explanations. I then offered that we might both be put off by me having cancer. So, she said I should stop having it. And I plan to, it will just be a few weeks. In the meantime we will keep loving our girls, I will continue in Seminary (they have been great by the way... literally offering me help in any number of ways and not waiting for me to ask or remind them I am sick), etc.

Caroline has about 20 stickers stuck to her self right now (bandaids), and all of the girls are in the front yard while i "study" (or blog). Hope you also have a nice Saturday, thanks again for the support, thoughts, prayers, etc.

3 comments:

Marie said...

Matt, I am Anna Wamsted's mom. I was diagnosed with breast cancer two and a half years ago. It was a shock as well as the fact that I had to have chemo. I was petrified before I started but my very calm and very straight-forward oncologist assured me that no one every died of chemo and everyone's hair always grew back. I am here to prove him correct. Once the first treatment is behind you, the fear of the unknown can be put aside and you can just 'deal' with it! If you'd like to ask questions or if you'd like suggestions for how I dealt with various aspects of the issue, Anna can give you my e-mail. Don't really want to publish on a public blog. Your faith and positive attitude will go far with your diagnosis and treatment. Also, exercising and continuing through treatment, really helped me. My prayers are with you, Rachel and the girls. Marie Root

Brian Lopez said...

Matt, Dana and I are praying for you and your family. I know God is going to restore you so His glory is shown. Please let "Sunshine", (Rachel), know we have a whole team of people praying for you guys. I will continue to check your updates and am excited to see the Hand of God on your healing. Remember, He is incapable of doing anything but good, so rest assured my friend!

Amy R. said...

Matt & Rachel - I just found your blog through Greta's and I am shocked by the news - I hadn't heard anything but that's no surprise, I think people don't realize that I know you two. (Well, Matt from college and kamp and Rachel from Matt.) Jeff & I will be praying for all of you.